The ADHD Parenting Programme is led by Lyn Oualah, a qualified teacher with almost 30 years of classroom experience. She is accredited in 6 Positive Parenting Programmes (PPP) and has been the lead facilitator for the Level 4 programme in her current role for the past 6 years. As a Solution Focused “Champion” (2010), Lyn is keen to promote ways of finding and creating solutions that keep all parties engaged and commited to achieving the agreed targets on the intervention plan.
This course will consist of three x 2 hour weekly sessions and topics covered include:
- Preconceived Ideas
- A Clinical Perspective of ADHD
- The 3 Core Symptoms according to the DSM V
- Executive Functions & Associated Difficulties
- Developmental Course
- Advantages of ADHD!
- Managing Challenging Behviours
- Basic Parenting Philosophy
- Structure/Boundaries vs Nuture
- Parenting Jobs
- Managing undesirable behaviours (STOP x 3)
- Encouraging desirable behaviours (START x 7)
- Strengthening you relationship with child
- Self‐care and Wellbeing
- Building Resilience & achieving greater Wellbeing
- Stress ‐ What is it and the body’s response?
- Stress ‐ responses in children/the stress of parenting stressed children
- Stress ‐ when “time‐out” is needed / using
- Solution Focused responses
- Stress ‐ tackling it in stages!
- Perspective ‐ how it can define our outlook
- Resilience ‐ definition, domains and building blocks of resilience
- Resilience ‐ developing a practical toolkit
- Mindfulness ‐ definition, relaxation imagery and “Sparkly Moments”!
- For further information, please click on the link below:
The cost of the five week programme is £240 per person (with discounts available for couples).
For all bookings and enquiries, please get in touch with Susan via email at Oxford ADHD Centre.