Autism ASD Parenting Course, Saturday 29th February & 14th March 2020
We are delighted to announce that our next Autism (ASD) Parenting Programme is taking place on Saturday 29th February and 14th March 2020.
Our ASD workshops are led by Elizabeth Winks, who is a Clinical Nurse Specialist in autism spectrum disorders; and has many years of experience working with children with ASD and their families.
The programme includes the following topics:
- Feelings regarding diagnosis
- How do ASD children view the world?
- Theory of mind
- Speech development
- Sensory sensitivities
- Time perception
- Principles of behaviour management
- Understanding behaviour and exploring strategies
- Anxiety – what is anxiety?
- CBT model, Stress model in ASD according to Lazarus.
- Helpful techniques
- Anger – linked to behaviour and what are the differences between people with and without ASD
- Rage cycle explained
For further information, please click on the link below:
The cost of the two week parenting programme is £195 per person. For all bookings and enquiries, please get in touch with Charlotte via email at Oxford ADHD & Autism Centre, or by calling us on 01865 744144.