Autism (ASD) Parenting Programme November 2017
We are delighted to announce that our next Autism (ASD) Parenting Programme is taking place on 4th and 11th November 2017.
Our ASD workshops are led by Elizabeth Winks, who is a Clinical Nurse Specialist in autism
spectrum disorders, and also works for CAMHS, Aylesbury. Her role there includes running all
of the parent workshops and she consistently receives excellent feedback.
The programme includes the following topics:
- Feelings regarding diagnosis
- How do ASD children view the world?
- Theory of mind
- Speech development
- Sensory sensitivities
- Time perception
- Principles of behaviour management
- Understanding behaviour and exploring strategies
- Anxiety – what is anxiety?
- CBT model, Stress model in ASD according to Lazarus.
- Helpful techniques
- Anger – linked to behaviour and what are the differences between people with and without ASD
- Rage cycle explained
For further information, please click on the link below:
The cost of the two week parenting programme is £295 per person (with discount available for couples). For all bookings and enquiries, please get in touch with Susan via email at Oxford ADHD Centre.