Coaching facilitates another person’s learning, development, well-being and performance for both their professional and personal lives. Coaching increases self-awareness and enables people to find their own solutions, develop skills, and change unhelpful attitudes and behaviours. We recognise that coaching adults or young people with ADHD and/or autism requires specific skills and experience.
People with autism and/or ADHD face a number of difficulties in their day to day lives. Coaching can work well for many of these difficulties, including:
- Social skills
- Relationships – personal and professional
- Managing sensory sensitivities
- Coping with educational or work environments
- Organisational skills
- Managing transitions and change
- Managing difficult emotions
- Developing impulse control
- Finding clarity on an issue
- Becoming more self-aware
- Time management
- Improving sleep
- Reducing anxiety
- Challenging limiting thought patterns and unhelpful habitual behaviour
- Goal setting and motivation
And so much more.
Cara Langford Watts has a post graduate qualification in coaching and mentoring and is a senior practitioner member with European Mentoring and Coaching Council. Cara has a background in psychology, is trained as a psychotherapeutic counsellor and has worked in many senior roles within strategy, policy and project development. Cara has worked with neurodevelopmental conditions, developing specialist knowledge and experience in working with young people and adults with autism and ADHD.
Our Coaching sessions are tailored to each individual and our coach will be able to advise on how many sessions may be most appropriate for your needs. We can offer a complimentary 20 minute initial phone call for this to be discussed and agreed.
What you can expect as part of your sessions:
- Private one to one coaching programme tailored to your needs and objectives.
- Online video consultations.
- Regular progress reviews and reformulation sessions.
- Tools and exercises to aid your progress and improvement.
- Recommended reading to develop and condition mindset.
Sessions cost £120 per hour.